2014 World Youth Scrabble Championships
[ Scrabble Home]
WORLD YOUTH SCRABBLE CHAMPIONSHIP 2014
Congratulations to the new champion, Jack Durand from England.
DATE: Friday 29th August to Sunday 31st August
LOCATION: Colombo, Sri Lanka
- WINNER: Jack Durand (England)
- 2nd: Yong Jian Rong (Singapore)
- 3rd: Mariam Arif (Pakistan)
- 4th: Victor Gwee (Singapore)
- 5th: Sanchit Kapoor (United Arab Emirates)
- 6th: Gayaneth Chandrasena (Sri Lanka)
- 7th: Lewis Hawkins (New Zealand)
- 8th: Poh Ying Ming (Singapore)
- 9th: Abdulla Abassi (Pakistan)
- 10th: Viggnah Selvaraj (Sri Lanka)
- Age Group Champions (a player may receive more than one award)
- best player under 10 (born 1/1/2005 or later) : Minuki Satharasinghe (Qatar)
- best player under 12 (born 1/1/2003 or later) : Lewis Hawkins (New Zealand)
- best player under 14 (born 1/1/2001 or later) : Lewis Hawkins (New Zealand)
- best player under 16 (born 1/1/1999 or later) : Jack Durand (England)
- Encouragement Award
Youngest player to finish in the top 25: Lewis Hawkins (New Zealand)
- High Word : Gayaneth Chandrasena (Sri Lanka) 158 FLITTERS
Gayaneth Chandrasena (Sri Lanka) 158 SHEETERS
Abhijit Pradhan (India) 158 SPINDLER
- High Game : Rohan Kapur (United Arab Emirates) 682
- Best Novice - not competed in WYSC before : Gayaneth Chandrasena (Sri Lanka)
- Best National Team – results collated for the top 3 finishers from each country.
120 young Scrabble players from 13 countries.
Not only do they enjoy the Scrabble, some of the games are really top class.
And it is a wonderful experience making friends from different backgrounds.
Here are some of the teams.
Middle: Shekinah, Rahul
Alif Akal Hashim, Arif Akasyah, Irfan Sabri, Aqil Azhar, Elvan Yeoh, Ridhwan Nasir,
Amirul Hakim, Amirul Hakeem, Wan Muhammad Akid, Danial Faris, Tengku Ariff Shah
Back row: Ruvindu, Migara, Hayati, Hansi, Pradeepani, Ayshwarya, Thirandi, Hemaka, Danusha, Nikesh
Middle row: Jithmal, Ryan, Sasika, Viggnak, Mukkesh, Lambhotharan
Front row: Janidu, Janul, Rivi, Radinka, Adhlan, Thavalakshman, Vignesh, Nisalga, Zeena
Middle row, left to right: Lewis
Back row: Supitchaya, Nuttapong, Jiradet, Siriwat, Kukiat
Front row: Neeraparng, Hathaiphat, Micha, Nuti, Naravit
United States of America
United Arab Emirates
Sanchit, Varun, Sundaresh, Anush, Rohan
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark of J.W. Spear & Sons, England ( a
subsidiary of Mattel Inc.) within Australia and the rest of the world (except North America). Within U.S.A. &
Canada, Hasbro Inc (& Hasbro Canada Inc.) own all intellectual property rights to SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword